Examples of projects completed by ECC:
1. Joint Land Use Study involving Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point (ECJLUS)
2. Citizens Surveys: Fairfield Harbor Community, Town of Cedar Point, Town of Newport
3. Greenways Plan for Town of Richands
4. Hazard Mitigation Plans:completed a multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan for the Town of Seven Springs; assisted Town of Holly Ridge to complete their town's section of Onslow County's Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan; completed a Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan for Jones County and its incorporated municipalities of Maysville, Pollocksville, and Trenton.
5. Completed an Open Space Plan for Region P for DENR
6. Completed NC DWQ 205(j) Water Quality Studies: of 04/05--Clubfoot Creek and its tributaries; 05/06 Abandoned & Derelict Vessel study coastal NC; 05/06 Rain collection--City of New Bern; 05/06 Universal Stormwater Management Plan education; 06/07 Sinkhole study--Onslow County; and 08/09 Watershed Study Town of Newport (underway).
7. Assisted the NC Rural Center to hold Central Coastal Plains Capacity Use Area water resources meetings in Duplin County.
8. EDA projects--Administrative Services (Davis Bacon monitoring)provided to:Carteret Community College, Lenoir Community College, Craven Community College, and Pamlico Community College.
9. Parks and Recreation Trust Fund grants: Greene County in 2005 and 2006; Jones County; Town of Warsaw; City of New Bern; Town of Kenansville; and City of Goldsboro (applied, but not yet confirmed).
10. Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) grant--received by Greene County.
11. Assisted the Town of N. Topsail Beach to make application to FEMA for a Community Wind Shelter.
12. Completed the reqirements of the grant from the Department of Defense's Office of Economic Adjustment to implement certain recommendations from the ECJLUS. This was the first JLUS Implementation grant ever given by the OEA.
13. Assisted the City of New Bern to complete their Comprehensive Plan.
14. Provided support and financial services to the Regional Wastewater Coordinating Committee.
15. Comprehensive Parks and Recreation Plan:City of New Bern, Town of Swansboro and City of Goldsboro.
16. Executive Searches: Town of Newport--manager; Town of Atlantic Beach--manager X 2; Town of Atlantic Beach--police chief; Town of Swansboro--manager; Town of North Topsail Beach--manager and Town of Beaufort--manager (underway).
17. Assisted Greene County EMS and the West of New Bern Volunteer Fire Departments to submit Assistance to Firefighters Grant applications.
18. Providing organizational development and managment services to the United Way of Coastal Carolina to establish a substance abuse prevention coalition.